Monday, July 4, 2016

Cuba 2016

Traveling to Cuba was a life changing experience for me. I was able to see a different side of Cuba that is usually unknown to many Americans. It was almost like traveling back in time to a country that has been trying to preserve itself and its history. On the trip I managed to see many aspects of life that I do not normally see such as a lack of internet, lack of A/C, 40+ year old cars, and little to no variety when it comes to food. Being in Cuba for two weeks was a humbling experience that has made me value life a lot more.
I was also able to meet and become very good friends with Elizabeth, Hector, and Adrian from Ediciones Vigia. They were able to show us around Matanzas and talk to us about life as a Cuban from the perspective of a young person. Despite them not being able to have as much access to the internet as myself, they still try to communicate and keep in touch as much as possible. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet them and be able to share such a nice experience with them.
I had a blast in Cuba and I loved the experience. It is a beautiful country with so much culture and history. I recommend this trip to every one as it is definitely one you would not want to miss out on.

By Carlos Vazquez
`

No comments:

Post a Comment